The role of Ore Village as a district centre is to be maintained and enhanced, which we welcome. We are currently preparing a Speckled Wood Community Plan that sets out a sustainable enhancement and development strategy for Speckled Wood.
Key aspects of our Community Plan are:
- A moratorium on further re-development in Speckled Wood
- A focus on the recreational and amenity needs of the local community
- Land transfer that shifts land ownership to Ore Community Land Trust
- An holistic approach to green space planning in Ore
- A new audit based on the green space potential of Speckled Wood
- Wide consultation as to the Wood’s best enhancement options.
- A funding strategy that can support a programme of a phased enhancement.
- Our Speckled Wood Community Plan embedded in the new Borough Local Development (Planning) Framework.